Love Blossoms Stitchery
A Lillie Mae’s Crafts original design by Brenda Greenwalt
(Fits in a 5 x 7 frame.)
You Will Be A Needin:
Muslin or Linen
Floss: #3777 (country red), #701 (green), #3687 (pink), white, #3755 (light blue), #677 (light yellow), and #433(brown)
Light box or sunny window
Picture frame (5 x 7)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Paint (burgundy acrylic)
Scrap of contrasting material for bow
Staining: Instant coffee, vanilla extract, fragrance oil, old cookie sheet, wax paper, glass jar with lid, rags.
1. Paint your frame with burgundy acrylic paint and let dry. Paint a second coat if desired.
2. Once completely dry, sand your frame lightly for a vintage look.
1. Stain 2 pieces of muslin or linen with the instructions give below at the end of these directions.
2. Print out pattern.
3. Pin the pattern to the back of one piece of material.
4. Place on a light box or up to a sunny window. With mechanical pencil, trace pattern.
5. Unpin pattern. Place your second piece of material underneath the piece with your pattern and pin together.
6. Using the picture as a guide and a simple backstitch, stitch your pattern.
1. Using the back of the picture frame as a template, trace on 2 pieces of batting and cut out.
2. Turn your frame upside down and place your stitchery in place. Place your 2 pieces of batting on top of this. If there is a piece of cardboard that came with your picture frame, then this would be placed on top next...if not then use the back of your picture frame.
3. Pull your stitchery tight and glue or tape to the back of the picture frame.
4. Tear a piece of contrasting material for bow. Fashion into a bow and glue in place (see picture).
Fragrance oil (optional)
Old cookie sheet, wax paper, paper towels, old rags
Small spray bottle
NEVER LEAVE THIS UNATTENDED. THIS CAN CATCH ON FIRE. KEEP CHILDREN AND PETS AWAY. WATCH CLOSELY.
You’re done with Love Blossoms Stitchery. I hope you enjoyed making it as much as I enjoyed designing it. If you have any problems or questions, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me or visit my “Stitch ‘n’ Stuff” page at http://www.lilliemaescrafts.com.
All of my craft patterns are copyrighted. You may create a reasonable amount of items from my patterns for craft fairs, bazaars, craft malls, and auctions, as long as you give Lillie Mae’s Crafts credit for the design. You MAY NOT mass produce items from my patterns. No wholesaling of items made from my patterns. My patterns are not to be shared or redistributed in any form without my express permission.
To Print Pattern - Right Click on Picture and Click on Print Picture
This site has been designed by Bob Greenwalt