Mom's Blossom with Beauty Pillow
A Lillie Mae’s Crafts original design by
Mom's Blossom with Beauty Pillow
Approximately 6 x 8 inches
Read through all directions before beginning.
For illustrations of the different steps and techniques as well as the stitches visit my "Stitch 'n' Stuff" page on my website at http://www.lilliemaescrafts.com
1. Stain piece of material for stitchery with recipe and instructions which follow at the end of these directions. After thoroughly dry, press.
2. Print off stitchery pattern, tape to light box or sunny window, trace stitchery pattern on only one layer of the cotton.
3. Place second layer of material back underneath the first and, using the appropriately colored embroidery thread, embroider the stitchery pattern using a simple backstitch.
4. Color in flowers with dark blue colored pencil. Press.
5. Sew on yellow seed beads for flower centers.
6. Sew pillow; trace pillow pattern on double material.
7. Sew on traced lines; do NOT leave an opening. Cut out about 1/4 inch away from sewn lines. Clip corners and turn.
8. Cut a small slit for turning in the front center of the pillow. Stuff firmly and sew opening shut.
9. With matching embroidery thread and using a simple running stitch, sew stitchery to front of pillow.
Staining: Combine ¼ cup instant coffee, 2 cups hot water, 1/4 cup Vanilla extract and ¼ teaspoon fragrance oil (Some of my preferred scents are cinnamon bun, sugar cookies, and vanilla) in a glass jar with lid. Shake for few minutes until thoroughly mixed. If the scent is not strong enough for your preference, add another 1/8 teaspoon of fragrance oil and continue this until the scent is to your liking. However, I would suggest only adding 1/8 teaspoon of fragrance oil each time because if you add too much and the scent is too strong for you, you will have to start over. Line an old cookie sheet with old rags and lay what you’re staining here. With a sponge brush or spray bottle thoroughly coat. Bake for 10 minutes at 250 degrees. Check often as this can catch on fire. If you have to bake longer, only bake at 5 minute increments and always KEEP checking the oven. Store left over stain mixture in glass jar with lid for your next primitive project.
You're done with Mom's Blossom with Beauty Pillow. I hope you enjoyed making it as much as I enjoyed designing it. If you have any problems or questions at all, please don’t hesitate to email me or visit my "Stitch 'n' Stuff" page at http://www.lilliemaescrafts.com
All of my craft patterns are copyrighted. You may create a reasonable amount of items from my patterns for craft fairs, bazaars, craft malls, and auctions as long as you give Lillie Mae's Crafts credit for the design. You MAY NOT mass produce items from my patterns. Copying for any reason at all is strictly prohibited. You DO NOT have permission to alter them in any way. No wholesaling of items made from my patterns. My patterns are not to be shared or redistributed in any form without my express permission. If you have any questions, please ask before you purchase. Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Print Pattern - Right Click on Picture and Click on Print Picture
This site has been designed by Bob Greenwalt