A Lillie Maeís Crafts original design by Brenda Greenwalt
Approximately 10 x 8 inches
Read through all directions before beginning.
For illustrations of the different steps and techniques as well as the stitches visit my "Stitch 'n' Stuff" page on my website at http://www.lilliemaescrafts.com
Material: Muslin, small scraps of 3 different contrasting materials
Small scrap piece of cheesecloth
Small white flowers
18 inches of approximately 30-gauge wire
Mechanical Pencil/disappearing fabric pen
Sunny window or light box
Embroidery thread to match material.
5-inch doll needle.
Basic sewing materials
1. Print out pillow pattern on card stock.
2. Place wrong sides together and on double material trace around pattern.
3. Sew on traced lines; do NOT leave an opening. Cut out about 1/4 inch from sewn lines.
4. On back, cut a small slit for stuffing. Stuff firmly and sew opening shut.
1. Print out stitchery and place on double material.
2. Using a light box or holding up to a sunny window, trace words, on the top layer of muslin only, using mechanical pencil.
3. Place bottom layer of muslin back underneath top piece and pin.
4. Using 2 strands of the appropriate color embroidery floss (see pattern and picture) and a simple backstitch, stitch on border and words.
1. Print out pattern. On wrong side of double material, trace pattern. Sew on traced lines. Do NOT leave an opening.
2. On back of heart, make a small cut for turning. Clip curves and turn.
3. Stuff lightly and sew opening closed.
Cut out pattern. On single layer cheesecloth, trace pattern and cut out.
Stain pillow, stitchery, heart and heart bow.
1. Combine 1/4 cup instant coffee, 1 cup hot water, 1/8 cup vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon fragrance oil or scent to preference.
2. Line an old cookie sheet with wax paper or old rags. Lay here what you are staining.
3. Apply stain with either a sponge brush or spray being sure all items are completely covered with stain.
4. Bake in 200 degree oven for 10 minutes. NEVER LEAVE THIS UNATTENDED AS THERE IS ALWAYS THE CHANCE OF FIRE. If you need to bake longer, bake only at 5 minute increments.
Fabric Ribbon Border:
1. Print out patterns on card stock and tape together lengthwise.
2. Trace on double material and cut out.
3. Machine sew a gathering stitch using approximately 1/4 inch seam allowance down one side of fabric being sure to leave enough thread at both ends to pull to gather.
4. Pull to gather until it fits around your pillow.
5. Pin in place and hand stitch all around.
1. Using 2 strands of the same color embroidery floss on each stitchery pillow and going along border line, center and hand sew stitchery to pillow.
2. Place your white flowers, on the heart, squeeze the square of cheesecloth in the middle to resemble a bow and place this over the stem of the flowers and your button over this. I found it was easier to stitch this all together and then sew it onto the pillow.
3. After you have sewn these together, place them on the appropriate place on the pillow and, with your 5-inch doll needle, sew in place.
4. Cut your wire and simply poke the wire through the material in the back.
You're done with Prim Love. I hope you enjoyed making it as much as I enjoyed designing it. If you have any problems or questions at all, please donít hesitate to email me.
All of my craft patterns are copyrighted. You may create a reasonable amount of items from my patterns for craft fairs, bazaars, craft malls, and auctions as long as you give Lillie Mae's Crafts credit for the design. You MAY NOT mass produce items from my patterns. Copying for any reason at all is strictly prohibited. You DO NOT have permission to alter them in any way. No wholesaling of items made from my patterns. My patterns are not to be shared or redistributed in any form without my express permission. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com.
To Print Pattern - Right Click on Picture and Click on Print Picture
This site has been designed by Bob Greenwalt